Vance County is inviting applications from highly qualified candidates for the County Manager position. Read about this exciting opportunity here.
There will be a Rabies Clinic on Saturday, October 4th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at the Old Charles Boyd Chevrolet building on Hwy 158. Rabies vaccinations are $5 each for cats and dogs, and tax tags for dogs are $2 each.
Special Adoption Day
at the Vance County Animal Shelter, 165 Vance Academy Rd. Henderson NC 27537
September 23rd, 2014 10AM TO 4PM
$25 Adoption Fee on Tabby Cats ONLY
*Includes Rabies & all required Vaccinations, Feline FIV & Leukemia Test, Deworming, Spay/Neuter*
(Approved Application Required)
Special Thanks To:
**Dr. David Conde (Mobile Vet) for providing Spay/Neuter
**Ruin Creek Animal Protection Society for Providing FIV & Leukemia Test
Plans for Recycling Day
The Vance County Appearance Commission and the Henderson Community Appearance Commission will host a second Recycling Day event on Saturday, September 27, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the front parking lot of the City Operations Center at 900 South Beckford Drive in Henderson.
All Vance County residents are urged to participate in the Recycling Day by bringing any recyclable items for proper disposal to the event. Volunteers and vendors will be on hand to accept recyclable items.
All recyclable items will be accepted at the event free of charge.
Local residents who bring recyclables will qualify for a drawing for a $250 cash prize donated by Waste Industries.
Vendors for the Recycling Day, September 27, 2014, and items that will be accepted:
- All Safe Records (Shredding): accepting important, personal documents for shredding. These documents can include any confidential papers such as financial statements and tax documents. Each individual who brings items for shredding is limited to three document boxes or 75 pounds of papers to be shredded. A shredding truck will be on hand to shred items at the event.
- Metech Recycling: accepting electronic items including audio and video tapes, batteries, cameras, cell phones, circuit boards, complete computer systems, computer mice; copy machines, CPUs (towers), laptop computers, hard drives, data cartridges, computer monitors, computer keyboards, microwaves, office printers, overhead projectors, scanners, stereos, televisions, typewriters, VCR/DVD players
- Waste Industries: accepting household recyclables including letterhead/forms, photo copy paper, colored paper, drawing paper, note pad paper, newspaper, envelopes, brochures, file folders, index cards, invoices, juice boxes, milk cartons, milk jugs, plastic beverage bottles, detergent bottles, cartons and trays from microwaveable meals, aluminum cans, meals cans including those for soups and vegetables; phone books, paperback books, glass bottles and jars, cardboard
- C.J. Iron and Metal: accepting anything made of metal, aluminum, junk car parts, machinery, lawn and garden equipment, farm equipment, brass, copper, appliances
- The Salvation Army: accepting clothing, shoes and toys
- Rebuilding Hope: accepting recyclable items that can be used in home repair construction projects and may include building materials, as well as still usable furniture, appliances, cabinets, sinks, toilets, windows
Used pesticides also will be collected during the event for proper disposal. Residents who bring pesticides to the event for disposal are asked to ensure that the chemicals are transported in a leak-proof container.
For additional information, contact Terri Hedrick, chairperson of the Vance County Appearance Commission, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 252-915-9420. To download the Recycling Day poster, click here!
The Vance County Sheriff Department will be conducting and auto surplus sale on Saturday, September 27th at 10:00 AM at 2560 US 1-158 Hwy N Henderson, NC. Please see this document for details.
Online Social Security Statement. Did you know that you can now access your Social Security information online? The Social Security Administration has a new website feature which allows an individual to set up a personal page and access it at any time. It provides an online version of what used to be mailed out annually, estimates of future retirement benefits, lifetime earnings to date, and the total Social Security and Medicare taxes paid. How do I start? Go to www.socialsecurity.gov/mystatement and answer a series of questions to verify your identity, then create a user name and password.
The Vance County Board of Commissioners is soliciting citizen input for potential state legislative issues directly related to county government. Citizen proposals will be reviewed by County officials for possible inclusion in an overall proposal to the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners for consideration in the development of its legislative goals for the upcoming 2015-16 biennium session of the NC General Assembly.
Written comments must be submitted by 12:00 noon on Monday, August 25, 2014 to the Vance County Manager’s Office, 122 Young Street, Suite B, Henderson, NC, 27536 or by email to email@example.com. The Board of County Commissioners will also hear comments on this matter during its regular meeting on September 8.