The Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission released its new website this week. It can be accessed at www.vancecountyedc.com
Vance County Animal Services is pleased to announce that they are a recipient of two $2,500 Spay/Neuter Grants from Community Partnership for Pets; received from the Reynolds Foundation and the Doris Day Foundation.
- These grants will allow citizens in the community who do not qualify for the state funded program to spay/neuter their pets.
Animal Services is also the recipient of a $5,709 Medical Grant from Community Partnership for Pets; received from DJ&T Foundation
- This grant will allow for medical services deemed necessary by the veterinarian for the citizen’s animal(s) at the time of spay/neuter.
The Board of Commissioners will provide an opportunity for public comments concerning the proposed fire service restructure plan during their regular board meeting Monday, January 7, 2019. The meeting begins at 6PM and takes place at 122 Young Street, Henderson, NC 27536. Below are documents pertaining to the restructure plan.
- Fire Commission – County Fire Services Reorganization Proposal
- Org Chart and Financial Analysis for Fire Commission Proposal – Prepared by County staff
- Fire Districts Data – Population, Road Miles, Call Volumes and Property Values – Prepared by County staff
- County Fire Study – Completed in 2008 by Solutions for Local Government, Inc.
- Existing Paid County Fire Staffing Situation – Prepared by County staff
Vance County Offices will be closed December 24, 25, and 26th for the Christmas Holiday, and will reopen December 27th. Please have a safe and happy holiday!!