Vance County is inviting applications from highly qualified candidates for the County Manager position. Read about this exciting opportunity here.
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Join us throughout the Month of April as we observe National Child Abuse Prevention Month in Vance County. Details of events are here.
The Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) has studied the risk factors and needs of Juvenile Court involved youth in this county and hereby publishes this Request for Proposals. The JCPC anticipates funds from the NC Dept. of Public Safety, Division of Juvenile Justice in the amount stated above to fund the program types specified below. Such programs will serve delinquent and at-risk youth for the state fiscal year 2015-2016 beginning on, or after, July 1, 2015. For details see this document.
Vance County Department of Social Services has received $150, 000 additional Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) funds. LIEAP gives families a one-time vendor payment to help pay their heating costs. In order to be eligible, a family must meet all of the following:
1. Meet income requirements
2. Be responsible for heating bill
3. Cannot have resources over $2,200.
4. U.S. citizen or an eligible alien.
5. Must not have received LIEAP assistance since December 1, 2014
How to apply
1. Vance County residents may apply at Vance County Department of Social Services
2. Bring verification of ALL February 2015 income for all household members
3. Bring information about household’s savings and/or checking accounts
4. Bring information about household’s property, stocks, bonds, and other assets
5. Bring name, date of birth, and social security numbers of each household member
6. If a household heats with electricity or natural gas or electricity, bring in active account numbers
LIEAP ends March 31, 2015 or when all funds are exhausted.
Vance County invites experienced and interested Architectural and Engineering firms to submit qualifications and methodology of pricing to assist Vance County in developing plans and specifications for a new animal shelter facility . Complete RFQ is available here.
Help build a new Vance County Animal Shelter. When: Saturday, March 21st from 9:00AM until 3:00PM. Where: 284 US 158 Bypass (the old Boyd Chevrolet building).
Online Social Security Statement. Did you know that you can now access your Social Security information online? The Social Security Administration has a new website feature which allows an individual to set up a personal page and access it at any time. It provides an online version of what used to be mailed out annually, estimates of future retirement benefits, lifetime earnings to date, and the total Social Security and Medicare taxes paid. How do I start? Go to www.socialsecurity.gov/mystatement and answer a series of questions to verify your identity, then create a user name and password.