Vance County Department of Social Services has received $150, 000 additional Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) funds. LIEAP gives families a one-time vendor payment to help pay their heating costs. In order to be eligible, a family must meet all of the following:
1. Meet income requirements
2. Be responsible for heating bill
3. Cannot have resources over $2,200.
4. U.S. citizen or an eligible alien.
5. Must not have received LIEAP assistance since December 1, 2014
How to apply
1. Vance County residents may apply at Vance County Department of Social Services
2. Bring verification of ALL February 2015 income for all household members
3. Bring information about household’s savings and/or checking accounts
4. Bring information about household’s property, stocks, bonds, and other assets
5. Bring name, date of birth, and social security numbers of each household member
6. If a household heats with electricity or natural gas or electricity, bring in active account numbers
LIEAP ends March 31, 2015 or when all funds are exhausted.