PHASE 3 CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – Rock Mill Road, NC 39 South, and Foster Road/Foster Road Extension: Click HERE!
VANCE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
ENVIROLINK, INC. (System Operator)
P.O. Box 670 (mailing address)
12362 Oak Avenue (physical address)
Bailey, NC 27807
Phone: 252-235-4900 Toll-Free: 1 (888) 754-9878
The Vance County Water District (VCWD) is a new public water system that serves the potable water needs of several townships throughout Vance County. These townships are as follows:
- Sandy Creek Township (Phase 1A) – Water served as of October 28, 2013;
- Dabney/Williamsboro Township (Phase 2) – Water served as of February 11, 2015;
- NC 39 South (Phase 3) – Construction anticipated to begin late 2018;
- Kittrell Water Association – Anticipated to consolidate into Vance County Water System by October 2018
Informational Brochure (Click below for fullsize)
Connection Options and Costs
1. Wet Tap Option (Reduced fees apply before or during construction)
- Payment of $125 Facility Capacity Charge
- Customer agrees to become an active water user within 90 days of notification that water system is active. If not connected within 90 days, a $30 monthly base fee will be charged from that point forward.
- No Capacity Charge, Connection Charge or meter charge, but account deposit (of $150) still applies (Results in savings of approximately $2,000 by signing up early with this option). Checks should be made out to the Vance County Water District.
2. Dry Tap Option (Reduced fees apply before or during construction)
- Payment of $800 Facility Capacity Charge
- No requirement to connect to water system and no monthly base fee until connection made.
- Account deposit (of $150) is payable at time of connection (fees subject to change – currently results in savings of approximately $2,000 by using this option). Checks should be made out to the Vance County Water System.
3. Post—Construction Charges for Connection
- Connection charge of $1,100 for 3/4” service and $1,500 for 1” service.
- Facility capacity charge of $500 for residential 3/4” service and $5,000 for 1” service.
- Water meter charge of $50 + Cost of Meter (estimated to be around $195).
- Account deposit fee ($150) will also apply.
- Fees are payable at time of request for service and checks should be made out to the Vance County Water District.
Connection Process (for those that have previously paid $125 early incentive signup fee)
Step 1: Complete and submit Vance County Water District Service Application to Envirolink, Inc. Submit completed application with any applicable fees to Envirolink (see back of Application for fees). Currently the only fee to be submitted with the application for those that have completed the early signup is a $150 security/account deposit. Renters must provide a copy of their lease and driver’s license when applying for service.
Step 2: Envirolink will process the application and notify you and the County Planning and Development Department that you have set up your account and that the Water District intends to provide water service to your property.
Step 3: Once you receive notification from Envirolink, you may hire an NC licensed plumber and apply for a $50 plumbing permit from the County Planning and Development Department (some plumbers may get the permit for you). The plumbing permit is required before you begin installing the line from your house to the meter box. While the plumber may pull this permit for the you, the property owner is ultimately responsible for ensuring that a permit is gotten. The Planning and Development Department will not issue the Plumbing Permit without receiving notification from Envirolink that you have applied for water service.
Step 4: Once you are able to determine a date that your plumber will connect to the meter box, you will need to contact the County Planning and Development Department for an inspection. The Planning and Development Department will notify Envirolink to schedule installation of the meter on the same day as the inspection. The inspection and installation of meter should take place at the same time, but you should be prepared to be without water for a few hours on the day of switchover.
Effective July 1, 2017 – $30 base fee + $10.33 per thousand gallons. This translates into a usage fee $0.01033 per gallon. See below for a breakdown of every dollar spent:
Paying my Water Bill
Water bills can be paid by check or money order and can either be mailed directly to Envirolink at their mailing address shown above, or can be paid in person at the Envirolink Satellite office. The office is located at 122 Young Street, Henderson NC and is open for payment on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9AM to 1PM. Check or money order should be made payable to ‘Vance County Water District’. Also bills can be paid online – see link on this page.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES: Call Envirolink at 252-235-4900