TO: INTERESTED PARTIES
FROM: JORDAN MCMILLEN; COUNTY MANAGER
DATE: SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
On behalf of the Golden Leaf Foundation, Vance County will be participating in the Community Based Grants Initiative (CBGI) program. This initiative will allow the county to submit between 1-3 letters of inquiry for project ideas that have a TOTAL of no more than $1.5 million.
MAJOR POINTS OF PROCESS:
- County Manager serves as key contact of the initial process (in terms of responsibility for submitting a slate of projects that are ready to go). Projects do not have to be administered by County Government.
- 20% Cash match is required to be competitive
- Projects should promote economic growth and development in longer term and do the most good for the most people.
- County Manager will submit from 1-3 Letters of Intent to Golden Leaf for projects totaling no more than $1.5 million.
DATES AND SUBMITTALS:
- APPLICANT PROJECT AND LETTER OF INQUIRY DUE TO COUNTY MANAGER’S OFFICE (electronic) by October 6, 2017 at 5 pm.
- If multiple requests are submitted – County Manager will then convene a review panel to review requests for final recommendations to Golden Leaf.
- County Manager will review and submit LOI (letter of intent) letter(s) to Golden Leaf by October 20, 2017.
This is a Golden Leaf Foundation Grant – not a County initiative. ALL questions about specifics for individual grants applications should be submitted to Dan Gerlach (email@example.com) or Mark Sorrells (firstname.lastname@example.org) – or call toll free at 888-684-8404.
Vance County and the County Manager only serve as a conduit for the process – specifics need to be addressed to Golden Leaf (www.goldenleaf.org).