The Vance County Board of Commissioners is currently soliciting applications for persons interested in serving on the following Board/Commissions/Committees:
- Adult Care Advisory Committee
- NEW – Community Advisory Committee – this committee will develop and propose action plans through local government planning and evaluation processes regarding streamlining resources and supportive services that will address such issues that negatively affect our community. Additionally, it fosters ideas and plans for City and County community needs. The Committee makes recommendations to the City Council and County Commissioners regarding plans and projects relative to improving the quality of life for all City and County residents.
- Henderson Planning Board (applicants must reside in the ETJ)
- Henderson Zoning Board of Adjustments (applicants must reside in the ETJ)
- Vance County Appearance Commission
- Vance County Industrial Facility and Pollution Control Financing Authority
- Vance County Zoning Board of Adjustments (alternate position)
Applicants must be a Vance County resident and willing to devote time, attention and effort needed to fulfill member duties and participate actively and constructively in the business of the Board, Commission or Committee.
Applications may be obtained by using the link below, or in the office of the Clerk to the Board located in the County Administration Building, 122 Young Street, Suite B, Henderson, NC 738-2003.