You can now go on-line and fill out a “voter registration application”. You will need to go to the State Board of Elections website and click on “Voter Registration” – then lick on “Voter Registration Application”. Once you have filled form out, send to the Board of Elections Office at 300 S. Garnett Street, Henderson, NC. 27536.
We meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 4:00 PM in the Board of Elections at the Henry A. Dennis Building.
The Board members are: Kevin Kilgore – Board Chairman, Seneca Nicholson – Board Secretary, and Catherine (Cathie) Clodfelter- Board Member.
PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING, & PREREGISTRATION
On July 29, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of preregistration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order is available here. Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.
In order to vote in this election you must be registered by Friday, October 14, 2016. Should you miss this deadline, you can register and vote during one-stop as long as you have the proper document showing PROOF OF RESIDENCE. Some of those documents are light bill, phone bill, driver’s license, payroll check, government document, etc.
Provisional Meeting is Monday, November 21, 2016 at 3:00 PM
Canvass Meeting is Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 4:00 PM
All of these meetings will be held at the Board of Elections Office.