Our office records and maintains Birth, Death, and Marriage records that occur in Vance County.
We cannot issue copies or certified copies of Birth or Marriage records from another county. In 2024 we will be able to statewide certificates of vitals except Marriage licenses.
Requirements For Requesting Vital Records
- Birth certificates for adopted individuals can be obtained from North Carolina Vital Records in Raleigh.
- Certified copies of birth, death or marriage certificates are $10.00 each.
- Payment must be in the form of cash, debit/credit, or a certified check from the bank or a money order. No Personal Checks!!!
- You must show a valid state issued driver’s license, pictured ID or passport that has not expired.
- Spouse, brother, sister, child, parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, stepchild, a person seeking legal determination of personal or real property rights, or an authorized agent, attorney or legal representative of any of the above.
- Photocopies of any vital record is on $.25 per copy in office and $.50 per copy by mail.
- Please enclose self-addressed stamped envelope, photocopy of state issued driver’s license or Id card.
We also have the online request site for Birth, Death & Marriage certificates that is listed above at the top of the page. You also can utilize that site for mail in request or to pick up certificates in the office. Fees do apply on our vital record site.
Any questions or concerns please call us at (252) 738-2110 and we will be glad to assist you.