Bearpond and Epsom Volunteer Fire Departments were recognized by Fire Marshal Keith Duncan at the December 3rd Vance County Commissioners Meeting for receiving a decreased ISO fire rating. A lower fire rating can lead to lower homeowners insurance premiums. Great job everyone and thank you for all that you do!!
All Vance County Solid Waste Convenience Sites will close at 4pm today, and re-open on regular schedule tomorrow, Friday, October 12, 2018.
Attention!!!!! Due to the weather, all Vance County Solid Waste Convenience Sites will close at 3pm today, and will re-open on regular schedule on Monday, September 17, 2018.
Hurricane Florence will make landfall later this week, bringing potential flooding and power outages across the region. Our top priority is the health and safety of you and your families. We seek to provide information and resources available to you before, during, and after the storm. We are asking for your assistance in spreading this information.
Look out for NC Emergency Management’s latest updates at ncdps.gov/florence.
Tips for patients and families:
- Follow mandatory evacuation orders and evacuation routes. This will be a dangerous storm. Do not ride it out.
- Never drive through standing water—turn around, don’t drown!
- Don’t use gas-powered generators/burners inside your house.
- Stock up and have ready emergency kits, take care of pets, check in with neighbors.
- Make sure you have your medicines and fill your prescriptions before the storm hits. Many insurers are allowing early refills to make it easier.
- People that rely on electricity-dependent medical devices should notify their local Department of Social Services as soon as possible. This will help authorities prioritize services during a power outage.
Granville County DSS
410 West Spring Street
Oxford, NC 27565
Vance County DSS
350 Ruin Creek Road
Henderson, NC 27536
Important information for people in the Medicaid program:
- Medicaid will cover a physician/clinician visit for beneficiaries who are evacuated, including those evacuated out-of-state.
- Medicaid will cover early prescription refills by a Medicaid pharmacist. Beneficiaries are encouraged to refill their prescriptions before the storm.
Important information for people in the Food and Nutrition Service program:
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards can be used at any authorized retailer, even if they are in a different state.
- Current Food and Nutrition Services households (people receiving SNAP benefits) that have a food loss may request replacement benefits through their county DSS.
- Lost/Damaged EBT cards can be replaced by calling the EBT Call Center at 1-888-622-7328.
- Call 211 for non-emergency needs
- Download the ReadyNC app to a smartphone – provides details on how to prepare an emergency kit, where shelters are open, and other essential information. ReadyNC also may be accessed at https://readync.org/EN/Index.html
Internal talking points for 8/11 day
Many stakeholders often begin each meeting with a safety message. Below NC811 has provided talking points that can be presented at your company’s next safety meeting on or around Aug. 11 to help educate employees about 811 and its role in protecting the safety of workers, customers and entire communities.
· Every digging project requires a call to 811.
· Calling 811 (3) working days prior to digging notifies utility companies of the intent to dig and gives representatives time to mark the appropriate lines.
· Aug. 11 is 8/11 on the calendar, a natural reminder for people to call 811.
How 811 works:
· 811 can be called from anywhere in the country.
· A representative from your local one call center will answer the call to find out the location and description of the digging site.
· The affected utility companies will be notified of the intent to dig.
· The utility companies will each send a professional locator to the digging site to identify and mark the approximate location of the underground lines.
· Once lines have been marked, you should respect the marks and dig carefully around them.
Types of projects:
· Lines need to be marked for each separate project, such as installing a rural mailbox, putting up a fence, planting trees or building a deck.
· Call (3) working days prior to digging to allow time for professional locators to mark the utility lines.
· Even if you’ve hired a contractor, make sure the contractor calls 811 to have lines marked.
· Every nine minutes an underground utility line is damaged because someone decided to dig without first calling 811.
· Hitting an underground utility line while digging can cause serious injuries, disrupt service to entire neighborhoods, and potentially result in fines and repair costs.
· To learn more about 811, visit http://www.nc811.org/811day.html
Henderson-Vance Industrial Park Phase III
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR
Vance County has received notification of their award of a NC Rural Ready Sites Grant. The grant will provide $2,456,575 which will provide infrastructure improvements to include water, sewer, roadway and stormwater improvements to serve the next phase of the Henderson-Vance Industrial Park in Vance County, North Carolina. The total project cost is estimated to be $2,456,575, 100% of which will be provided with grant funds.
Vance County is hereby soliciting proposals for engineering services to aid in the implementation of the proposed project. Persons or firms interested in submitting a proposal for these services may contact Ms. Sherry Moss, Special Projects Coordinator – Vance County – 252/738-2005 for an information packet, which outlines the scope of work for the services solicited. All proposals are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 7, 2018.
This information is available in Spanish or any other language upon request. Please contact Ms. Sherry Moss, Special Projects Coordinator at 252/738-2005 or at 122 Young Street, Suite B, Henderson, North Carolina for accommodations for this request.
Esta información está disponible en español o en cualquier otro idioma bajo petición. Por favor, póngase en contacto con Ms. Sherry Moss, Coordinador de proyectos especiales at 252/838-2005 or at 122 Young Street, Suite B, Henderson, North Carolina de alojamiento para esta solicitud.
Vance County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Local, minority, female owned, and small businesses are encouraged to submit proposals. Vance County reserves the right to reject any or all proposals.